keeping fish as pets has become a very common practice. This is because they are easier to care for as compared to cats and dogs and can be left alone for longer periods, without having to worry about them getting sad or hurting themselves. They are also available in a variety of different species and colorshence, they not only make the heart happy with their cuteness but also provide a beautiful and vibrant aesthetic to any room they are kept in. The fishes are kept in tanks which are beautifully decorated. One of the most common things to use at the bottom of the tanks is rocks. They are available in all different colors and shapes and can instantly change the look of the tank. Though, be careful about the type of fish tank rocks you use.
Some key points to keep in mind are:
- Make sure the rocks are never pointy as this may hurt the fish.
- If you are looking for rocks just for their aesthetics of them, then going to artificial rocks is a better option. As real rocks are quite heavy and will displace the water in the tank. Also, it may cause the aquarium to break because of the weight.
- If you are using real rocks, make sure to clean them thoroughly by boiling them in water for at least 10-15 minutes. This kills any bacteria and algae that may be trapped in it and prevents contamination of water in the fish tank.
- Also, while using real rocks, a good idea would be to add a layer of sand at the bottom. This helps distribute the weight evenly and reduces the chances of the glass cracking.
- Make sure that the rocks you put in, whether real or fake, are secure and do not move. This is because a floating rock may accidentally hit your fish and injure it.