Ever wondered how industries transport and move heavy machinery and spare parts? They use slings. They are the connecting link between a lifting device like a crane and the object. Traditionally slings consist of chains and ropes with a hook or ring or a magnet at the end to lift objects effectively and safely.
Due to the limitation of ropes and slings in several areas, a synthetic sling was developed. These are made of synthetic materials like nylon or polyester. They are preferred nowadays due to their lightweight and highly elastic properties.
Properties of the Synthetic Sling
- They are heat resistant and can sustain even in high temperatures. Ideal for furnacing industries and are also safe to use during fires.
- They are suitablefor handling delicate items that have specific contours and cannot be damaged by the abrasions of a metallic chain sling.
- They protect the surface from abrasions and are also abrasion-resistant.
- The caustic effects do not damage synthetic fibers. Caustic effects do not damage synthetic fibers, but acids can damage them to an extent. It adds a layer of cushion to the load.
- They can be quickly used and is not a struggle like deploying the chains. They are also versatile and can be used in several industries.
- They are affordable, low maintenance, do not decay or rust like chains, and are cheaper than ropes and chains.
- They are lightweight, hence do not put increased effort on the lifting devices by adding more weight.
Synthetic slings are ideal for rigging and lifting loads effortlessly. They also protect the load from corrosion and scratches by providing a cushion effect. It is time for everyone to opt for these synthetic slings soon.